Friday, June 19, 2009

I feel like everytime I write in this blog I am always saying that I am in some new even more beautiful place then the last. Haha well its always true. I never suspect that an even more gorgeous place is around the bend....but as usual it always is and I should stop being so suprised.

Today we went to Preveli THE MOST AMAZING STUPENDOUS BEAUTIFUL STUNNING GORGEOUS beach I have ever BEEN to. We got up a little early today and took the bus into Preveli where we were faced with an arduous hike down this cliffside until finally we reached a stunningly blue and clear beach. Suprisingly there weren't that many tourists there which made for a wonderfully uncrowded day. Preveli in part is spectacular because it is where a freshwater river runs into the ocean. The water was so clear and so warm and so salty that you can actually float without moving a muscle. Me and chelsea swam around for a long time, and then I got a little tired and went back to shore. I then read a little of my book and decided to sun tan a little (ahh did i mention I have a heat rash on my back???, I think its getting better though so no worries). anyways as I'm laying on the beach I look up and see someone who looks oddly familiar. Sure enough it is our hippie friend TIM who we met at the sunshine house. He is this german guy who is bike riding all the way to India, and he literally has dreads down to his knees. Anyways once the realization sets in I quickly get up and make a dramatic run towards him, frantically shouting his name. He saw me, and I think he was a little shocked anyways we hugged and it was so good to see him again! As it turns out he is living just a little ways up the mountain with some of his friends where apparently all they do is hang around and play music till their hearts content. Well anyways he is actually going to santorini tomorrow too, so we are going to go on the same ferry as him! haha ahh my life.

The day in Preveli was amazing and now I am back at the hostel where as usual everyone is out on the patio enjoying eachothers company. It is a wonderful place here and I will be so sad to leave tomorrow.

Next time i write Hopefully I will be In Santorini!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Hey love, I am very happy that your dream of going to Greece has turned out so wonderful. I am so happy for both of you! Even if i have not said in so many words. WE ARE PROUD OF YOU, you set your mind to something and you go for it.
    Enjoy the last couple of weeks!

    Love MOM

    ReplyDelete